How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning, production and post production and evaluation stages?
- First of all, brainstorm as many media technologies as you can in small groups, that you have used throughout your A2 coursework.
- An online collage of your use of media technology @ 25 images/examples.
To complete this you should use Pinterest or another up to date, innovative picture pinning and commentary app that can be embedded and accessed on your blog. See separate post for suggestions on alternative moodboards.
In your online collage / collection you need to include actual images of and/or links to the technology which you have used and comments that say what use you put them to. Your own photos/screenshots would be best and in particular you using the technology.
You have used technology in every stage of production and this should be evident in your collage so HIGHLIGHT IN BOLD what stages of construction they relate to.
- Feedback & evaluation
Hardware & Software technology could include:
- Cameras (stills and video)
- Lighting Equipment
- After Effects
- Publisher / Illustrator
Websites & online technology could include:
- Edublogs (WordPress)
- Google Forms
- Online Tutorials / Adobe TV
You should be specific about how you employed the technology. Be specific in terms of what you were able to achieve creatively & organisationally with these various technologies, such as…
- Researching conventions in professional media texts
- Gathering inspiration & sharing ideas
- Production planning / inspiration
- Production organisation & group communication / collaboration
- Production techniques (Framing, camera movement, backdrops, lighting…)
- Cropping / timeline editing
- Using filters & image control
- Using brushes and filters
- Transitions / Colour Correction
- Using key frames
- Layering images / using opacity / blending
- Stop motion
- Converting / compressing files for different use (DVD, Online, Print)
- Uploading and embedding media
- Audience feedback
- Tracking & recording progress
Think about how you are going to get screenshots / images which illustrate how you have done these things at the various stages of production. Please do not simply use logos / generic images, rather use images of you actively using the technology. Also your comments must be specific in terms of what you were able to achieve by using the technology – highlight the effect, moment, event that was possible due to the technology – how did the technology specifically impact on star image, genre, narrative, audience and representation (concepts!). Please avoid: made it more appealing/eye catching/interesting!
Buzz words: copy and paste and then delete as you use them.
- Use: implemented, applied, engaged, used, tested, signed up, explored, investigated, analysed, planned, gauge, delegated,
- Progression: improve, extend, develop, enhanced, exentuate, analyse
- Create/creativity: develop, design, map out, collate, draft, experiment, aesthetics, design, layout, conventional, adapt, tweak, alter, amend
- Achieve: succeed, result, deliver, appropriate, win
Q4 was often successfully covered, with some excellent responses exploring both the technologies used and the processes candidates had gone through to use them. Such answers linked clearly to research, planning and production, with detailed reflection and consideration. The weakest responses were, once again simply lists of technologies used with little or no analysis or discussion; sometimes weak responses only discussed the technologies used for construction rather than all aspects of candidates’ work. Q4 is an ideal opportunity to consider issues of convergence, but such debates were rarely seen – 2017
Question 4 was sometimes more successfully covered this session, with some very detailed responses which covered not only the technologies used but the processes candidates had gone through to use them. The best answers linked clearly to research, planning and production, with detailed reflection and consideration. The weakest responses were, once again simply lists of technologies used with little or no analysis or discussion. – 2016
Question 4 was again often the least detailed answer, with a number candidates simply presenting a list of technologies used, with little commentary or reflection. The best answers linked clearly to research, planning and production, with detailed reflection and consideration. – 2015
Question 4 was often the weakest answer, with candidates simply presenting a list of technologies used with little commentary or reflection. The best question 4 answers linked clearly to candidates’ research, planning and production, with detailed reflection and consideration. An effective model seen was a centre whose candidates had packaged this question in the style of a DVD-extra, following a “making of” model; this allowed candidates to consider their use of technology in context as well as in an entertaining and engaging manner.
WARNING: THE BETTER YOU DO THIS, THE EASIER YOUR DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY QUESTION FOR THE SKILLS SECTION 1A WILL BE SOOOOO MUUUCCCCHHHH EASSIIIEERRRR! because you can choose just 4 DT skills stories to focus on in your essay response.