Below are is my newly improved product –
Final targets –
- Align coverline centre
- Move november 2019
- Move coverline down – Alice
- Smaller plug
- Change font no serif on contents page especially
- Add new headline with photo with Fran
- Get rid of hyphen
- Insert headline caption
- Alice side caption – takeaway newest star
- Add boxes and lines on contents page for effect
Below are two adverts that I will be putting into my magazine. From looking back at the dating profile I created which fits for my target audience it helped me choose appropriate adverts.
I want to use these two adverts because –
- They are bold but simple
- They fit in with my genre
- They link with music and my target audience
- They would appeal for my target audience’s interest’s
- They fit the average age being earlier 20’s
- They are well known
- Both relate to the genre
What is a transferable skill?
- Transferable skills are those that you develop as you progress through employment, education or training.
Transferable skills I have learnt…
- Leadership – I have had to take control of my models and ideas when designing my magazine. Taking charge has been a major aspect.
- Communication – I have had to talk to new people and engage with their feedback, this also includes positive criticism which will help me in the future.
- Research – I have had to research about lots of different things which all stem from my one goal of making my music magazine. This has helped as it has opened my mind up to how helpful it is to gather information.
What went well :
I think my overall project has gone really well so far but here are a few things that have really stood out in my progress…
- Design – I think my design skills have developed and continue to develop giving me a wider range with my ideas.
- General camera skills – From never using camera equipment to be able to get clear in depth photos has had a huge impact on my magazine for the good.
Even better if :
Although there is always room for improvement…
- Double page spread needs something ( specifically the picture ) – Not sure what yet
- Get more positive criticism and apply it
Below are some of the tools I used which really had an impact on my design. Here the most simplistic tools such as a circle help me create more of a magazine image.
Specifically the 3 tools below really created a narrative and helped me display the genre through font. The drop shadow also creates an effect which makes the picture stand out, therefore if the picture is following the demographics of the target audience it will immediately grab attention.
The font plays an important role with displaying the link of the genre with the magazine. For example fonts can look pop and out there or they can look old and retro.
- House style coming across
- Nice plug and logo
- Not keen on black and white checkered board effect
- Seems colour scheme is very basic
- Nice inserts on contents page
- Main cover line in block capitals + extra information in lower case
- Group photo seems squashed
- Like the extra box
- Not sure on photo of Alice in different outfit
- Photos seem a bit squished
- Nice how text is wrapped around image
- Photography by bit is too big
- Watch for spelling mistakes
- Cover lines need to be more music based
- Add another colour (yellow?)
- Align numbers on contents page
- Make number bigger and bolder
- Get creative with main cover line and extra info
- Have more extra boxes and add more colour in
- Look at proportions on DPS picture
- Make sure page number correspond with contents page number
- Add standfirst on DPS
- Need a byline
Below I have my first draft of my contents page next to my second draft.
As you can see I changed the design, added in lots of information, more effects, and different fonts. Yet there is still room for improvement, so I asked a friend to give me some feedback and set me some targets to help me improve. We did this by recording our conversation which is below –
2 Main targets given –
- Change fonts to fit to genre more
- Group photo either needs to be changed or resized