Here is Draft 1 of our social media page, a link is attached where you can access the instagram page. We have included key factors within our page such as; content, synergy, cross media convergence, promotion of live events, a call to action, sell physical copies Dyer’s paradox of the star (ordinary and extraordinary), interaction/engagement.
Screen castify –
Teacher feedback –
Nice pinterest board
Respond to comments add info like yes to charity she loves dogs and works at GSPCA
Nice post linked with mental health
Respond to fav place post – expand on it like why is it fav place
When is music coming as said soon but when
where is music video on social media page
Fun in the studio – is it in preparation for digipack??
Merch – how to get it ? link + prices
Front of CD
Tours – need link for tickets or something
If going to festival this year add in links and hashtags
Make a gif for video ??
Another cross media convergence – maybe appear on TV or radio show
Self feedback –
Not sure if the purple boarder is needed as they don’t all have to link and it’s unconventional in a social media page
The captions need to be more personal and realistic
Merch photos could have a black boarder around the pictures to make them stand out more
Maybe add in some gifs/video
Another cross media convergence
Add in a call to action like her going on radio/TV
Add in a selfie and maybe say going live to add in more ways to interact with the audience
We sent out a google form to see what genre people thought our digi pack was and if they could give some adjectives to describe it. Here are a few of the adjectives given; the most common were, colourful, bright, fun feminine.
These responses have been beneficial in understanding what the audience think of our digi pack. The adjectives used are exactly what we wanted the audience to decode, and how we wanted the star to be represented. Also the genre has been understood.
What we need to improve –
Scale – when cutting out and printing we noticed lots was cut out and not to scale that we wanted
Below is a plan our a timeline for our social media page and posts we aim to use. We have planned them so they are in chronological order and used our other tasks to help us get a clear idea of what we should include. We want fans to be able to socially interact with the star as well as the star keeping it on a personal level. We want to be able to inform and promote as well as have an informal approach to keep the audienceengaged and interested.
Some things the posts will include are; teasers, promotions, merchandise ect.
Above is a screencastify from Jorja Smith’s facebook page, we chose her because she follows the same genre of our star. We deconstructed her professional social media page to give us an insight on what we should look into doing for ours. We looked at the theories such as Blumler and Katz, and the key terminology to help us realise what we need to include.
Here I have created a slideshow of screen shots from a star who is from the same Genre we looked at which is R&B. Using somekey terminology I deconstructed her posts and site and wrote about what she uses and how it may benefit her. This task was helpful in making it clear what we will need to include for our social media page.
Above we assessed our draft 1 CD panes. We identified what is working and what we need to improve, this has made it clear for when we edit for draft 2. Also by assessing it we have been able to see our standard of work and how to improve to develop our grade. As well it has outlined key features that we are missing like copyright and displays how we can play around with writing and graphics more.
Because we had used lots of nature imagery in our music video and shot outside, for the majority, we decided that to contrast this we would take photos for our digipack in a studio to help focus the audience of the star and not be distracted by other imagery that we already have in the video. We took advantage of the darkness of the black studio to use bright coloured clothing and props to add a modern and vibrant atmosphere to the photos. As we thought this would benefit our genre in having bright, attention grabbing aspects. We also did a shoot over the half-term holiday using more props, such as all the clothes worn in the previous shoot spread out around the model to portray the narrative but it didn’t work a well as the image quality was bad as we used a phone with bad lighting.
what went well:
The orange top and cow print top stood out well in the dark
The pink glasses were enough to add a pop type feel but not too much to distract the attention away from the star
The images were good quality and there we used many different angles and poses so that we had lots to choose from
We used relevant and eye catching props such as clothes and glasses.
Even better if:
We may have benefited more from using the white studio as the colour of the star’s hair didn’t contrast enough with the darkness around her
The shoot we did during half term was not of good quality as we used a phone camera with flash which caused bad lighting quality.
While creating our digipack, we used photoshop to highlight the appearance of the model, for example by making her eyes greener and her top brighter by using tools such as the burn, dodge and colour tools, and we have also used features on Indesign to add in graphic detail such as orange lightning bolts and writing for the album cover name. We are exploring different fonts to use that help to portray the narrative and fit the genre as we are using bright, warm colours to portray the star as creative and expressive. We will still continue to improve the design as we develop our drafts.