It’s not “stealing” it’s “inspiration”
After sufficiently spying on my audience, I took to the internet to find inspiration for my magazine cover. Aspects like general aesthetic, typeface, concepts, poses, among other things. I threw together a total of 48 images to take inspiration from, here are some general things I learnt:
- Very straight, yet stylized, typefaces, generally “futuristic” looking.
- Futuristic themes and colours, very bright and flashy contrasted with dark backgrounds.
- A lot of models are posed as to face the camera, a very confrontational and flashy feel.
- Prominent use of Neon lights.
- Extreme use of simplistic shapes and patterns.