Hindsight is 2020. Oh wait…
After getting a few shots over the course of 5 hours it’s time to see what we did right (and what we did very wrong).
What was done well:
- Our character we’ve developed has moulded quite well
- Communication was strong
- Good ideas thrown around
- Homoerotic energy was strong
I shared a document with the group highlighting some things to improve on in future shoots which you can see here
Here are some main reflections to take from the shoot:
- Our artist needed more time to learn the lyrics
- We didn’t have multiple takes of certain shots to use in our edit
- Some shots lack the engagement or movement, especially in close ups
- We didn’t have concrete ideas for certain lyrics which led to a lot of confusion
- Mise En Scene was lacking focus, a lot of just random stuff scattered around the room with no rhyme or reason.
- We had a lot of things we wanted set down but not the aspects which we needed.