Month: May 2019

Risk Assessment

The idea behind this task was to figure out any safety hazards that could be present when doing our shoots. Once we had determined all the possible risks we had to determine if this risk was present and if so what we would have to do in order to counteract the possibilities of these hazards. We also had to establish who we would be with and put down any possible contact details in case anything were to go wrong.

Finally we have to try and make sure that we do not damage any of the equipment that we are using when recording the videos.

Another think that I would have to consider would be transportation to and from the location. My mum will be able to take me to and from the venue.

Production Meeting Agenda For Performance Shoot

The aim for this Production Meeting Agenda was to allow us to understand everyone’s responsibilities. Firstly we had to understand what day the shoot was going to be and the time in which this would be occurring. Secondly we had to identify where the shoot was going to be taking place, and the music equipment that we were going to need. We then had to include the models that we were going to be using. After we did this we had to establish what we would need in terms of Mise-en-Scene and this allowed us to plan and understand who was going to be providing certain parts of the outfits. As well as this we had to establish the props we would need and who would be providing these props. Finally we had to make sure we know what we would need to do when filming. For example making sure the camera is in focus and not shaking, as well as this we had to make sure batteries were fully charged and the background was not cluttered.

Finally we need to ensure that our model knows all of the words when singing. This allows for us to make it look as realistic as possible when editing the music video.

Test Shoots

The idea of this task was to take a practice shoot. In doing this shoot it meant that we had to take a 20 second snippet of our song. We had to make it strictly performance based using a wide variety of camera angles. In doing this it allowed us to further our knowledge on Premiere Pro, which is the software we are using to edit our music videos, as well as adding effects.

3 Negatives;

  • One negative would be to make sure that the camera is in focus when recording the clips.
  • Another negative would be to ensure that we sued a larger variety of shots as we primarily shot most of the clips in a mid-shot.
  • Finally another negative would be the stability of the camera in some of the clips. We would have to ensure that we used a tripod to keep the clips in focus

3 Positives; 

  • I think that the use of the lip sinking was very effective and performer very well.
  • I think another one of the positives would be to use of the edits to fit in around the beat of the music.
  • I think that another positive would be the use of the filters on the video. I think they worked very well in helping to portray the mood and genre of the video.

3 Targets; 

  • One of my primary targets would be to make sure that we use a tripod in all of the clips we filmed.
  • Another one of our main targets would be to ensure that all of the video clips we filmed were to be in focus. This would create a better quality video all round.
  • The final one of our targets would be to ensure that their is a larger variety of shots within the video. This would allow for a more interesting video, with a wider a variety of shots throughout.
Skip to toolbar