In this screenshot it shows that Lenny taught how to search for effects. We used this new skill to search for an effect called Fuji to add to our video.
This shows that Lenny taught us how to add a new adjustment layer so that it is easier to apply affects to whole video.
In this screenshot we selected the new adjustment layer so that we can use the effects tab to change the appearance of the effect.
- The shot of the performers entering
- Good individual shots
- Straight to main singer is good
- Great edit with the door being smashed at 2:43
- Great venue
- Great main performer
- Great props and mise en scene
- Good narrative with Ollie
What could have been better:
- Beginning drummer slightly out of time
- Suddenly somewhere else
- Have band as group at first then progress to individual shots
- Some syncing is off
- Face covered by microphone
- More energy in the edit
- Too many venues at once
- Connection with camera on and off
- Close ups at pertinent places in song
- More narrative, continuity
- Lucie not relevant
- Not much movement in shots, too static
This is our second draft for our music video, which we have incorporated our narrative shoot into.
I think that this draft went well and is quite effective however, the pace in some parts of the video is quite slow for the song and could do with quicker, most fast pace editing.
What went well:
- Most of the shots are cut to the beat
- The visual is well synced to the audio
- We have good shots of the performance
What could have gone better:
- Faster pace in editing
- More narrative and continuity
- Including the missing shots
This is a dating profile that I have created that would be a suitable persona for a potential audience member to the artists of Shinedown. To create this I used YouGov to gather some information on who listens to shinedown with factors such as: Age, Occupation, Location and disposable income.
To know your audience is key, so they can more easily decode what we encode and enjoy it.
While working on draft 2 of our music video I have learnt many new editing skills in Premier Pro. Originally I had little to no experience with Premier Pro and the height of my knowledge was cutting and placing visuals into the editor, I have now learnt a few more editing skills such as; adding effects onto videos, lumetri colouring and editing the speed of the visuals. We decided to experiment with speed and fast cutting to make our music video more interesting and fast pace, to do this we cut down a shot of Ollie hitting the door with the axe and duplicated it 3 times and put them back to back to add to the intense aggressive emotion being portrayed in both the song and the shot.
The second screenshot shows that we added in a text screen so that we know what shots we don’t have but want to insert into the video. This also helps anyone viewing our draft to understand why there are blank shots in the video.
The third screenshot shows how to use lumertri colouring, this is like a manual green screen so we can key a colour and change the colour for all objects in the shot that are the same. This is useful because if we decide that some colours that we use don’t fit the genre we can easily change them in post production to suit the genre or to be more vibrant and eye catching. This also affects the mood of the video and how we want to portray the stars.
Below are some images of the group filming the narrative shoots.
Overall I think that the shoots went very well, although we did have to redo one shoot as we didn’t get the best shots. The first shoot with Lucie did not go to plan because of the heat and because of the models clothing so we decided that it would be best to do a re-shoot on a cooler day and giving the model a more in depth costume preference for the video. We are also going to plan the shoot better as our first one was very disorganized and sloppy.
What went well:
- Good use of props
- Great mise en scene with the use of location and Ollie’s costume
- The use of angles and camera techniques
What could have gone better:
- The costume worn by Lucie isn’t the most appropriate but it is okay
- We should have planned our second shoot in advance
- Giving Lucie more instructions with her costume
We have created this risk assessment as a safety precaution so that we a aware and prepared for any accidents or hazards that may occur during the filming process. This is very important as it makes us more cautious and prepared for potential risks.