This is the storyboard for our new narrative which is based around the seven deadly sins. We changed our narrative because the idea we had before was not planned thoroughly enough so it didn’t make sense and didn’t fit the genre and typical conventions of our music video which focuses on aggression and breaking free.
This is a dating profile that I have created that would be a suitable persona for a potential audience member to the artists of Shinedown. To create this I used YouGov to gather some information on who listens to shinedown with factors such as: Age, Occupation, Location and disposable income.
To know your audience is key, so they can more easily decode what we encode and enjoy it.
While working on draft 2 of our music video I have learnt many new editing skills in Premier Pro. Originally I had little to no experience with Premier Pro and the height of my knowledge was cutting and placing visuals into the editor, I have now learnt a few more editing skills such as; adding effects onto videos, lumetri colouring and editing the speed of the visuals. We decided to experiment with speed and fast cutting to make our music video more interesting and fast pace, to do this we cut down a shot of Ollie hitting the door with the axe and duplicated it 3 times and put them back to back to add to the intense aggressive emotion being portrayed in both the song and the shot.
The second screenshot shows that we added in a text screen so that we know what shots we don’t have but want to insert into the video. This also helps anyone viewing our draft to understand why there are blank shots in the video.
The third screenshot shows how to use lumertri colouring, this is like a manual green screen so we can key a colour and change the colour for all objects in the shot that are the same. This is useful because if we decide that some colours that we use don’t fit the genre we can easily change them in post production to suit the genre or to be more vibrant and eye catching. This also affects the mood of the video and how we want to portray the stars.
Below are some images of the group filming the narrative shoots.
Overall I think that the shoots went very well, although we did have to redo one shoot as we didn’t get the best shots. The first shoot with Lucie did not go to plan because of the heat and because of the models clothing so we decided that it would be best to do a re-shoot on a cooler day and giving the model a more in depth costume preference for the video. We are also going to plan the shoot better as our first one was very disorganized and sloppy.
What went well:
Good use of props
Great mise en scene with the use of location and Ollie’s costume
The use of angles and camera techniques
What could have gone better:
The costume worn by Lucie isn’t the most appropriate but it is okay
We should have planned our second shoot in advance
We have created this risk assessment as a safety precaution so that we a aware and prepared for any accidents or hazards that may occur during the filming process. This is very important as it makes us more cautious and prepared for potential risks.
This is our narrative storyboard. We created this so that we have a rough plan of what shots we need to get when filming our first narrative shoot. This storyboard is very brief so we will need to create a new one for the next narrative shoot as this one too short and therefore we need to do a re-shoot as the narrative has fallen short of what we wanted to convey so we are going to create a new narrative concept that will be more in depth and engaging.