To create a website for our star we used Wix which is an online website creator. This was a quick and easy way to make a website while still being able to offer a range of features ready to use. As it was a new application that we had never used, we took a bit of time to get to know how it all works and develop our skills so that we had an interesting and easy to use web page.
Before creating the website we made a flowchart plan of what pages we wanted to include and what would feature on those pages. This enabled us to make a navigation bar to all our pages, such as a tour page, a page about our band and a media page which included information about the bands music and what it stands for, we also added a music player so that people could listen to their new music without having to purchase the whole album first.
To make this image look more interesting and conventional we inserted it into Adobe Photohop and by using the selection tool, created a diagonal zig-zag pattern and then altered the colours using the “colour mixer” adjustment tool as well as adjusting the “brightness and contrast”. We used red because it is one of the main colours we have used throughout our products.
In this image we used the same software and tools to darken areas of the image and to remove and alter any unwanted aspects of the image. We used the “sharpen” tool around the broken windows to define the edges and to make them look sharper.
This is our overall marketing strategy and mission statement. It is important to plan these things as it gives us more of an idea as to what we want to achieve when creating our Digi-Pack. Having a mission statement also gives our audience a brief overview of what they can expect from us and our stars.
In this screenshot it shows that Lenny taught how to search for effects. We used this new skill to search for an effect called Fuji to add to our video . This affect added a cooler tone to our video changing the mood to be more suitable as it added a colder and harsher edge to the stars and their vibe became more serious.
This shows that Lenny taught us how to add a new adjustment layer so that it is easier to apply affects to whole video instead of spending ages adding the same affects to individual clips.
In this screenshot we selected the new adjustment layer so that we can use the effects tab to change the appearance of the effect. The narrative appeared more dream like yet the maintained angles on the shot imply a severity and attention required to understand and interpret the shot. By including deep lighting effects, the mood created makes the band appear grungier which makes the mise en scene even more genre appropriate.
While working on draft 2 of our music video I have learnt many new editing skills in Premier Pro. Originally I had little to no experience with Premier Pro and the height of my knowledge was cutting and placing visuals into the editor, I have now learnt a few more editing skills such as; adding effects onto videos, lumetri colouring and editing the speed of the visuals. We decided to experiment with speed and fast cutting to make our music video more interesting and fast pace, to do this we cut down a shot of Ollie hitting the door with the axe and duplicated it 3 times and put them back to back to add to the intense aggressive emotion being portrayed in both the song and the shot.
The second screenshot shows that we added in a text screen so that we know what shots we don’t have but want to insert into the video. This also helps anyone viewing our draft to understand why there are blank shots in the video.
The third screenshot shows how to use lumertri colouring, this is like a manual green screen so we can key a colour and change the colour for all objects in the shot that are the same. This is useful because if we decide that some colours that we use don’t fit the genre we can easily change them in post production to suit the genre or to be more vibrant and eye catching. This also affects the mood of the video and how we want to portray the stars.