Our Social Media Page
Kita and I decided to make our Social Media Page on Twitter for our star.
We feel that we’ve included most of the features that would be expected to appear on a social media page. We have reflected on our page, and have picked out specific features that we’ve included such as:
- Design Coherence – Our social media page includes the same generic colour scheme as our digipak, as well as images and fonts.
- Content – We’ve included additional teasers in our social media page such as images and a 15 second teaser of our music video.
- Timeline – We have created a sense of excitement leading up to the release of our album through teasers and a live stream
- Cross Media Convergence – We have included an exclusive interview with Radio 1 star Maya Jama, creating links with other medias and another star
- Promotion of live events – There is a live tour next year which has been promoted on our page alongside our teasers for our album release which can create extra revenue
- A call to action – We have included links to a specific personalised webpage for our star, which includes links to her spotify for a point of sale and also for her fans to boy her merch and tour tickets
- Ordinary / Extraordinary – By including a live stream in our social media page, we have created an insight into our stars life for her fans to see her as a proper individual
- Interaction / Engagement – We have created interactions between the audience and the star through a live chat, merch and personable phrases
- Issues and charities – The star is donating a percentage of her revenue from the merch to a Cancer Research charity, which involves a major global issue which many people die from each year, so she is trying to help save lives by donating some money
We have kept the generic conventions of our R&B genre throughout the social media page, which links with the digipak and music video too. Our page is unique, and stands out to our target audience.
Our teacher gave us feedback on our social media page for our star, Christiana. The feedback can really help us from the aspects where we know what we’ve done right, and how generically pleasing our page is for our audience, and aspects we can improve. The only target we received is:
- Try and embed the actual PDF file of our digipak to the relevant twitter post