For this task, I have to choose and analyse my favourite music video that the former year of students created. This task gives me the opportunity to get a sense of what can be achieved by students and also understand the high standards that I would be aiming for in my own music video.
- A technical convention which I believe that the group achieved successfully was editing to the beat. This is because there is a repetitive beat and rhythm included in the song and by the use of the editing skills they achieved the effect of editing to the beat very successfully. This has an impact in the video because the irregular and repetitive beat to the song is a key feature of the song.
- However the lip syncing isn’t always perfect which is problem that any editor will face, but this only happens occasionally throughout the clips so overall they edited the clips well considering this problem.
Narrative and Performance
- The ratio from narrative and performance is 90/10.
- The relationship between the song and the narrative that has been created is amplified because the narrative is inspired by the song but also adds a new element to complement the song.
- Mostly throughout the star is performing the song using different facial expressions to show her narrative and personality .
Representation of Star
- The star has been represented as a trapped young girl who feels isolated from the world. The setting symbolizes that she’s in a dull, dark place which has some features of an abandoned asylum. She portrays a possessed, frightened personality through her facial expressions and actions. The video has been styled as repetitive to emphasize the haunting theme to the video.