Who is your Audience?
- Who they are (demographics)?
The typical audience type of our star would be a younger adult (female/male) that enjoy to listen to Indie Pop; their appearance would usually be young, fashionable and edgy but comfortable (casual). There is a broad age range of fans for our star, however her main fans are younger adults/older teenagers as her music is relatable and easier to understand for a younger generation.
- What other media they consume and participate in.
They are influenced highly by social media (Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat), they also consume highly in apps such as Spotify and Youtube for entertainment purposes.
- What their values attitudes and beliefs (ideology / psychographics)
A Call to Action
- How do you want the audience to engage with your star / album?
- How will they invest time and money in your star / album?
Who are the competition?
- Name three similar bands / artists.
- What are the trends in album designs of similar stars / bands?
- What does their website look like?
Your USP (Unique Selling Point)
- Is your star already established or are trying to establish a new presence in the market?
- What is your star image & how are you trying to innovate / develop that image?
- Are you mixing up elements of different genres?
- Are you trying to re-brand your star?
- Are you emphasising the ordinary or extraordinary?
- Remember according to Dyer meta narratives include both.