This was the feedback that we received on our ideas and pitch that we had for our music video, me and Noah decided to record him whilst he was telling his feedback as it would be more efficient for us. This talk helped us a lot on how we should structure our video.
To summarize the feedback :
- Have a clear story visually in mind
- Visually show how the narrative interlinks and intertwines together.
- We need to establish the relationship between the two performers.
- Put the man low in the frame of a wide shot.
- The possibility of showing the girl in a photo frame with the boy to convey this link.
- Write down a clear storyboard of what we want to happen in the video.
- Think of a way he can be reminded of her.
- Do a flash back if possible.
- Don’t out that they can come together.
- If using flashbacks, delineate what is past and present, whether it be through colour or an effect.
- There needs to be more of a story.
- Have lots of closeups.
- Have it run longer than you think you need.
- Have a list of shots.