Here follows draft 2 of our music video:
Targets for improvement:
- The pace of edit needs to sufficiently match the tempo of the song.
- The beginning section needs to feature more performance aspects, as now it is just elongated narrative elements.
- In various places during performance, the lip-syncing is not correct and sometimes the words are also wrong.
- Performance sections especially in choruses need to be more animated to match the tempo and feel of the song.
- The ending needs to be changed, personally I prefer the dropping of the mask as opposed to the ‘dead on a bench’.
- The sections featuring clapping needs to have both members clapping as opposed to one forgetting.
- Require more close-ups particularly in performance but also in some narrative areas (e.g. of the mask being dropped).
Generally, this edit has been successful even though there are many targets to be improved upon. It has developed since last time as now the majority of performance is in sync with the music and there are more narrative aspects included. Also, more post-production effects have been added and this has made a difference to the overall look of the product.