Narrative is the ‘study of stories’. It includes the following:
- The order in which the story is told (structure)
- How the audience is positioned in relation to the narrative.
- The character’s journey. What epiphany do they have?
- The conflict and themes explored and how they are resolved.
- The codes in the text which help the audience understand the story and its messages.
- It is crucial to have an equilibrium, a disruption then usually finish on a disequilibrium, this makes the video re watchable and the target audience will be more likely to watch it again.
- The importance of the timeline is that it creates a clear visual for how our music video is going to pan out, it helps us to focus on our storyboard and helps create those enigma moments and cliff hangers