Here is the video we created of the song poker face by Lady Gaga. Two of my classmates lip synced and the four of us took it in turns to film.
So, how important is star image when lip syncing?
Star image is very important when lip syncing because it makes it look like the singer wants the audience to know what they are singing about as it is important to them. It reinforces how songs are generally about something close to the artists heart. Furthermore, it also shows how the artist is ordinary and extraordinary. They are singing about things everyone can relate to while keeping the ora about them of being unreachable and unique.
What went well?
- I think our editing was quite good, we managed to get all of the lyrics in sync with the lips.
- We used a variety of locations so the audience would not get bored.
- We used a good balance angles: close ups, medium shots, long shots to give the audience variation.
Even better if…
- We made sure the camera was in focus before we started filming to ensure it was of good quality.
- We made sure we chose a camera without fingerprints over the lens making it look smudgy.
- Filmed the whole song from every angle and in every setting to give us the best choice of footage.
How I edited in sync…
At first, it was very hard to edit in sync. However, after a while, I got the hang of it and I used markers to plot when to line up the song and the video. If I had filmed from each angle, I would have layered the film on top of each other and then selected which bit, for example the first verse, was the best then got rid of the other ones accordingly. The more I edited in sync, the easier it got. Next time I need to use Premier Pro, I will watch some videos beforehand so I have more knowledge of the software.
Why will this help me with my music video?
Doing this has helped me with my music video because I am now more familiar with Premier Pro so I can use different filters or edits on my videos like fading out or moving some footage around within the frame. Another way in which this activity has helped me with my music video is through the filming. I am now more confident with using my camera when filming and what to check before I start filmed. The last thing I will take forward and do for my music video is taking lots of shots. I will film the whole song from every angle and location so I get a wide variety of footage to then choose which is the best.