Throughout the whole process of creating our music video, ‘Rather Be With You’ – By Sinead Harnett and creating the production and post-production of our music video, I have started to understand and improved my:
- Design skills within Premiere Pro when Editing
- Cinematography techniques
- My angles when Filming different types of shots
Overall this has helped me to develop my skills and also to get more confidence when using the skills, it has also helped me learn more about each skill I’ve used. These are some new techniques that I have learnt while processing our music video:
- The more close ups you use the better, you could never have too many
- Edit to the rhythm
- making sure you have enough footage for both the narrative and the performance, you can never have too much footage.
- make sure the music video makes sense and that your target audience will be able to follow the narrative.
Overall, I have also got more knowledge in my design skills from feedback from my teacher, this is going to help me be able to develop our video as we keep filming and editing it together as a group.
In this first screen shot I was trying to make the passing of the rose to the rhythm of the beat. This makes the continuity of the video better and also keeps the shot at a reasonable length to make the audience concentrate on it more.
In this second screenshot I was trying to lip sync her lips to the lyrics of the music. This was to make sure that the video looked real and natural so that it looks professional enough to be a “real” music video.