Brief – ‘A promotion package for the release of an album, to include a music video (major task), together with a website for the band and a digipak for the album’s release (minor tasks).’
Who is your Audience?
Who they are (demographics)
- Male aged 18 to 24 with the social grade C2DE.
- Females aged 18-24 with the social grade of ABC1.
What other media they consume and participate in
- Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, Twitter, The News (eg BBC), Magazines
What their values attitudes and beliefs (ideology/psychographics)?
- To be Indie is to do so without distortion, without aggression.
- A common belief in Indie culture is being anti-conformist, which has now become quite ironic as Indie culture is considered mainstream culture in the present day.
A Call to Action?
How do you want the audience to engage with your star/album?
- Reflect their actions
- Relate to their lifestyles
- Follow trends and fashion styles
- Follow their social media pages and profiles
- Read fan pages of band
How will they invest time and money in your star/album?
- Purchase merchandises, e.g. mug, poster, magazine, clothing, CD’s, etc.
- Streaming / downloading videos.
- Ensure social media has majority or platforms to cover all target audiences.
Who is the competition?
Name three similar bands/artists
- Arctic Monkeys
- Florence and The Machine
- The Killers
What are the trends in album designs of similar stars/bands?
- Pastel colours
- Black and white filter
- Urban colours
What does their website look like?
- Low-key lighting and coloured backgrounds
- Includes links and videos
- Categorized tabs
- Tour dates
- Shop ‘Buy Now’s’
- Photos of band
- Music Videos
- Subscribe or sign up now and contact us – at bottom of page
Your USP (Unique Selling Point)
Is your star already established or are trying to establish a new presence in the market?
- Our star is already established in the sense that they are conventional within the Indie/Alternative Genre, however, to differ them we will continue to think of ways to express a new presence in the market, e.g. Paint faces, use of props, rotate positioning (upside down), unique and original poses.
What is your star image & how are you trying to innovate/develop that image?
Are you mixing up elements of different genres?
- For an Indie/Alternative genre, we will be including a range of elements from different genres, e.g. rock, pop, hippie, emo, etc, to ensure that we attract and interest a wider range of audience types to fulfil everyone’s expectations and needs.
Are you trying to re-brand your star?
- Yes, by launching and communicating the new identity followed by a strong mission statement, we will successfully re-brand our star to make them stand out in the market as well as follow the typical qualities which our target audience will expect.
Are you emphasising the ordinary or extraordinary?
- Both, by following the conventional aspects within the Indie/Alternative genre (the ordinary), whilst rejecting this with our own originality will allow us to emphasise originality and extraordinary by not fitting into the mainstream genres of the time.
- We will recap and refer to Dyer meta-narratives to include both within our project.
The new band ‘Seventeen Seconds To London’ are indestructible. Influenced by the population’s passion for alternative music, they grab their audience through their energetic, playful and mesmerising image.
They aim to produce the most unique and unpredictable music that will inspire their audience by thrilling them with new fantastic creativity, whilst also allowing them to understand, relate and reflect on the genre and conventional elements.