Targets for improvement:
- Take out the foot drum at the start as there is no drumming in the music
- Lip syncing needs to be more accurate and exaggerated
- Could have Sasha radiating colour when shes out transitioning into b&w again
- Pills need to be in colour again when sat on stairs
- When pills fall out of Sasha’s mouth they’re a bit laggy, try to fix if possible
- Warp stabilizer when Sasha’s walking to town needs a fix
- Less graphic effects in the dancing sequence, it’s too busy
- Pace of edit needs to speed up when ending dance sequence
- Good starting shot
- Morning routine sequence is nice
- Coloured pills
- Colour spread when taking pills
- Camera angles, wide range
- Rythym in edit is good
- Narrative is understandable
- Head banging on wall shot in dance sequence
- Costume choices
Overall I think that our video is pretty good although there are just a few minor issues we need to fix to make our music video perfect, we got a lot of feedback with the majority being positive which is a good start. I look forward to perfecting our video and then having more fun with the creative editing side.
Our narrative shoot was really successful, we were able to get a lot of different shots and a variety of angles too. We went to 3 different locations and were very efficient in all of our locations and filmed most of what we needed to do. All of our locations worked out amazing and supported our mise-en-scene well.
We didn’t manage to completely finish all of our filming and we have planned a separate shoot for the dream sequence as it would’ve taken too long to do on the same day.
- Efficient shoot
- Wide range of shots
- Mise-en-scene was accurate
- Organised with all our equipment and props
- We didn’t finish filming (Still need to do around 5 more shots)
- Lighting could’ve been better in some shots
Overall it was a decent shoot but we still have a little more to complete.
Here are some photos that we managed to take during our shoot.
This is our draft 3 for our music video of “Holding Onto You” by Twenty One Pilots. For our next draft we have included some comments from our video that tell us how we can improve on our video and what things they really like.
Overall from all of these comments, these are the things that we need to improve on:
- Lip syncing at the start of the video
- Complete the end of the video
- Continuity error near the start with the performers glasses being off when they should be on
- One shot of the star running up the stairs need to be in b&w
- Possibly add vignettes in rope/paint scene
Things that they enjoyed:
- The colour switching from b&w to colour
- Drummer was very convincing
- The narrative idea (boring routine at the start)
- Rope/Paint sequence
- The editing and effects overall are well done
- Variety of shots and distances
I have made a profile for an audience member of my genre of music we have chosen. I have included all the things that might interest them and what they like to do in there spare time as well as a cheeky guilty pleasure.
Knowing our audience is a vital part of this process so we can ensure that everything we put out to them, will attract them.
To find out what my audience are like and what they’re in to, I gathered all of my information from yougov and have included some screenshots too to show. We have done this so we know what to encode and include in our music video so our audience don’t reject out text and so they decode our video correctly and in a positive way.
Our production meeting agenda for our narrative shoot confirms that we have everything organized and everyone knows where to be and what to bring to ensure a productive shoot.
Above is out narrative development. This is a document to show what we have planned out our narrative structure to be like and what we want to communicate through each part of our music video.
The relation between the lyrics and our narrative will be amplified as our video will relate to the lyrics but won’t be literal. To send our message of depression and anxiety we will use inter-textual references to portray this, an example is the repetitiveness of our metanarrative.
We have done this so we know our basic story-line and can add in our more surreal and expressive shots in between the basic parts.
I think this document has been very useful at pin pointing our basic story-line so we can add in our specific shots after.