Take out the foot drum at the start as there is no drumming in the music
Lip syncing needs to be more accurate and exaggerated
Could have Sasha radiating colour when shes out transitioning into b&w again
Pills need to be in colour again when sat on stairs
When pills fall out of Sasha’s mouth they’re a bit laggy, try to fix if possible
Warp stabilizer when Sasha’s walking to town needs a fix
Less graphic effects in the dancing sequence, it’s too busy
Pace of edit needs to speed up when ending dance sequence
Good starting shot
Morning routine sequence is nice
Colour spread when taking pills
Camera angles, wide range
Rythym in edit is good
Narrative is understandable
Head banging on wall shot in dance sequence
Overall I think that our video is pretty good although there are just a few minor issues we need to fix to make our music video perfect, we got a lot of feedback with the majority being positive which is a good start. I look forward to perfecting our video and then having more fun with the creative editing side.
Our narrative shoot was really successful, we were able to get a lot of different shots and a variety of angles too. We went to 3 different locations and were very efficient in all of our locations and filmed most of what we needed to do. All of our locations worked out amazing and supported our mise-en-scene well.
We didn’t manage to completely finish all of our filming and we have planned a separate shoot for the dream sequence as it would’ve taken too long to do on the same day.
Wide range of shots
Mise-en-scene was accurate
Organised with all our equipment and props
We didn’t finish filming (Still need to do around 5 more shots)
Lighting could’ve been better in some shots
Overall it was a decent shoot but we still have a little more to complete.
Here are some photos that we managed to take during our shoot.
This is our draft 3 for our music video of “Holding Onto You” by Twenty One Pilots. For our next draft we have included some comments from our video that tell us how we can improve on our video and what things they really like.
Overall from all of these comments, these are the things that we need to improve on:
Lip syncing at the start of the video
Complete the end of the video
Continuity error near the start with the performers glasses being off when they should be on
One shot of the star running up the stairs need to be in b&w
I have made a profile for an audience member of my genre of music we have chosen. I have included all the things that might interest them and what they like to do in there spare time as well as a cheeky guilty pleasure.
Knowing our audience is a vital part of this process so we can ensure that everything we put out to them, will attract them.
To find out what my audience are like and what they’re in to, I gathered all of my information from yougov and have included some screenshots too to show. We have done this so we know what to encode and include in our music video so our audience don’t reject out text and so they decode our video correctly and in a positive way.
So this is my groups music video so far and I am fairly happy with it, although a lot of work clearly needs to be done, it’s a good start. I have made a list of things I think are good so far and what needs to be improved.
Good performance shots
Pace of edit
beginning shot of star waking up
Repetitive routine at the start ended up well
Lip sync needs to be fixed in some shots
Need to complete filming to finish video
Colour correction on a few band shots as they’re extremely warm
Need warp stabilizer on walking shots
For a start on this music video I think we have done very well and I look well to filming and editing more leading to a finished product as we have some very creative ideas for the dream sequence and look forward to see how it’s going to turn out!
Above is out narrative development. This is a document to show what we have planned out our narrative structure to be like and what we want to communicate through each part of our music video.
The relation between the lyrics and our narrative will be amplified as our video will relate to the lyrics but won’t be literal. To send our message of depression and anxiety we will use inter-textual references to portray this, an example is the repetitiveness of our metanarrative.
We have done this so we know our basic story-line and can add in our more surreal and expressive shots in between the basic parts.
I think this document has been very useful at pin pointing our basic story-line so we can add in our specific shots after.
We have made a storyboard for our narrative shoot to ensure we get all of our main shots and also some more experimental shots. This will be very helpful when filming so we don’t forget any important shots.
I am really looking forward to our shoot and feel very organized and prepared for it.
This is a video we have created showing the variety of shots and angles we got during our performance shoot.
Our performance shoot had a bit of a slow start, preparing where we wanted our performers to be positioned and we played around with the lighting throughout the process of the day to find out what worked well and what didn’t. In some of our shots the lighting is extremely warm and orange but we can later fix that in editing.
On the up side we got a very wide range of shots. My 2 favorite ones are our tracking shots and close-ups because I think they worked very well and look very professional with the equipment that we had.