Overall, I am happy with the footage we got from the shoot. We made good use of the framing and composition we have learnt throughout the year, and I am happy with the framing of the shots as they we made use of leading lines creating a sense of claustrophobia for the character and the rule of thirds to convey his isolation. However, apart from the ideas we used for the shoot, the lighting and some other problems we didn’t anticipate beforehand affected our shoot in a bad way. From this I hope to do a retake of the shoot and use what went well in the new one and erase what went wrong.
From the shoot, I wanted to follow our storyboard as best we could and to get good footage that captured the vision we had for the video and reflected its themes clearly. We also wanted to make sure that we got the best quality footage.
I believe we were able to construct a good sequence and were successful in merging the narrative and performance in order to offer a strong balance of the two. We were able to use variety of the different shots.
Targets for Improvement
Clean up the narrative footage by re filming most of the parts
Add movements and zooms for performance on Premiere to make it visually appealing
Alter the colour and saturation of there video to reflect the tone of the song
Make the cuts quicker and try to link the cuts to the rhythm.
I am really happy with the results from the performance shoot. We managed to record the shots we needed and were able to get a range of different camera angles and distances. We made good use of the cinematography that we have learnt throughout the year, which allowed us to communicate meaning through the composition in order to reflect the themes of the narrative. The location I chose is excellent as it gave us the opportunity to make the framing visually appealing and interesting, such as the leading lines of the pillars that break up the frame. The use of rule of thirds to communicate isolation and loneliness in correlation with the narrative themes is good.