This is the feedback that I have received from my teacher on my penultimate draft of my music magazine. My feedback was mainly positive but there are several targets which I have been given on how to improve my drafts:
- Bring the date down and maybe change it to “March 2018” instead of the exact date in numbers.
- Maybe add drop-shadow or inner-shadow to the “Playback” masthead to make it stand out more.
- You should add more colour to the pug – maybe make “Here Without” red.
- Add a price.
- Change “Queen of Pop” – maybe in a different colour to make it stand out more.
- “Weekly top 20” instead of “Playback’s weekly top 20”
- Change the insert’s caption to focus it more around music.
- Get rid of the word “inside” before the insert caption.
- “Exclusive: Inside a Grammy party”.
- Possibly add another insert if you have enough room.
- Add a border to the insert on the front cover.
- Capital letter for “Wrong Love”
- Capital letter for “Grammy”
- “Festival Fashion” – more focus on music.
- “Beauty Hacks” – focus around music not beauty (change this cover line)
Double Page Spread:
- White lines separating columns are a bit close to the text – make them thinner or more spaced out.
- Add more interesting backgrounds to the images on the DPS