Recently we have completed our shoot for our digipak panes and this is my reflection on our photoshoot.
What went well?
- We gathered a variety of shot angles and distances. This will be greatly beneficial for us so that we have a good amount of choice during the editing process.
- The costume and mise en scene during the shoot was very effective and came across exactly how we intended.
- All the camera settings went as intended and there was no delays while figuring out camera settings, this shows how far our skills with camera and lighting has developed.
What did not go so well?
- We could have made use of more background to our photos. I think this could have added another layer to the photos which would have been very effective.
- More experiments with lighting could have been interesting. Maybe next time try using harsher shadows other than just the soft lighting, this would have fit the figure better and given more of an ‘industrial’ feel to the photos.
What would we do differently next time?
- More experimental backdrop.
- Greater use of colour in the photos, this would have given us more options other than just gray scale.