We were really inspired by this main image, with the feathers covering our stars full face. Its playful like the Indie Pop genre should be. The idea/house style of the vibrant coloured feathers falling down the page developed as we edited, we added a fade in animation and filters to our feathers. The rest of the design is simplistic, with little copy (conventional) and plenty of images. I am really happy with this first draft.
The website also features:
- External, convergent links to (social) media sites
- Ticket purchasing for tours
- Advertisements for merchandise, with a “hover over” effect
- Clear subheadings, so navigation is simplistic
- Subscription feature
- Music playback section
- Have a news section and create couple of news stories about the star. – DONE
- A gallery page. Including images of our star ‘out and about’. -DONE (Included in the News section)
- Create 3 album covers to make him a more fleshed out artist. -DONE
- Make the opening body of text more like a mission statement. – DONE
- Include drop down menu.
- Write an introduction for the ‘Follow Your Fire’ music video. – DONE
- More advertisement/ excitement about the Digipak. – DONE (more ways to find it, more colour around it, intro sentence).
This is the new and improved, final version of our Website. The changes I made were based on feedback and our personal understanding of website conventions. The main changes, which I am excited about are in the presentation below: