The task was to create a poster for a world tour for our client. The client wanted a poster of a certain type of genre, rap was mine, and they asked for me to use a photo of themselves as the performer. They also asked for elements they would like included in the poster which were:
- The name of the tour
- The name of the artist
- Information about where the tickets can be bought
- Dates and venues/places
The poster above is the one I created for the client, reaching all of the criteria needed.
After completing poster we gave ourselves feedback
The feedback I got:
- The text wraps around the image well, the text is an important part for the magazine cover as it is one of the first things to attract the audience and it is the first thing that they are going to read and they are going to judge the magazine cover from the font and does the text wrap around the picture correctly and it does, it blends well together. The eyeline of the model does focus the attention on the model and when you first look at the magazine cover the first thing you look at is the picture and then the font.
- The costume does reflect a huge part in the genre as when you are decoding something you look at the costumes and makeup, you judge someone on their appearance which reflects the genre. The body language on the model is appropriate he gives this rapper vibe from the way he is posing and gives a very relaxed vibe which rappers are.
- The words do prompt a sense of desire of wanting to find out more information and see the rapper on tour. The poster is full with lots of relevant information. They are short sharp sentences which makes it easier for the audience. AIDA- is the attention, interest, desire and action. There is a AIDA as the poster tells the audience to book the tickets and see him on tour.
The rest of the feedback is below in the table:
To make my poster even better I would
- Put in a less blurry background as it looked too blurry which ruined the poster and made it quit hard to read the masthead and inserts.
- Have a more colourful background, I should have been more adventurous with it and used a variety of colours to go with the rapper’s hair.
- Fade out the image a little and shadow out his hand to make it look better.