Below is the newest draft of our website made on Wix.
What we have addressed from the checklist:
- We have evidence and shown our digipak
- We have an about statement for the star at the top of the page under her image
- News stories from news and social media from the original star
- Social media accounts from the original star shown with the logos for easy access
- Our titles are in a suitable font which is bold and easy to read. Also suiting the fonts used in the digipak and also conventional to the pop genre
- Tour dates which link to ticket master
- A store page which includes merchandise for audience to purchase
- Our music video is on there and briefly introduced
- We have included a gallery of photos from our narrative and performance shoots as well as our digipak images
- Images are all our own
- Backgrounds are just solid colours from Wix.com as well as a couple of the moving backgrounds on the website. Another of the backgrounds is a gif we made from our music video.
What we could improve on/ add-in:
- There could be more about the digipak, making it stand out more on the page and promote more
- We could add in a drop-down menu because there is currently none
- Could introduce the music video more
- We could add captions and small stories to the images in the gallery to entertain and inform the audience more
- We haven’t linked the album cover to any music or any websites. This could be added so the demographics don’t get lost or lose interest.
Below is our screen castify with the feedback from our teacher
Targets for improvement
- Make it so that you have to use the navigation bar to get to the different pages.
- Make sure you can click the album and buy because of the caption.
- Don’t need to have a click here for tour news because it is on the tour section- doesn’t need to be repeated.
- Charge more for the store.
- More links to other songs.