Remember it is essential that you test your success so far against your creative intentions. See this previous post if you have ‘forgotten’ what your creative intentions are.
So far we have done the following tasks within three production roles:
- You developed an understanding of German Expressionism and it’s impact on the horror genre. Especially in relation to the monster.
- We developed an idea from a given circumstance, ‘What if.’ As well as using other stimulus materials, like moodboards and music / sound.
- We used the screenplay format to write the opening sequence of a horror film.
- You’ve worked with a fellow screenwriter to collaborate on one script and have redrafted it (you can only make this claim if you actuality did redraft the script as a partnership and made significant amendments)
- Worked with the cinematographer on story-boarding the sequence this should have taken into consideration framing and narrative importance.
- You have worked with your actors to explain, explore and develop the characters.
- You have worked with the cinematographer on blocking.
- You (will) have overseen the cinematography and worked with your actors to film the sequence.
- You have worked with the director to develop ideas on lighting, framing and composition in the storyboard.
- You created a shot list of 30-50 shots, which prioritise the shoot and ensured you are filming to edit.
- You have setup lighting and camera for each take in collaboration with actors & the director.
The Reflective Journal
All of this work is excellent evidence for your reflective journal.
Please unsure that you keep your journal up to date with all your pre-production documents and reflections.
Also ensure that you do REFLECT! Which means:
- ‘What have I learnt?’
- ‘How did I learn it?’
- ‘What did I learn from my successes and failures?’
Also please remember to reflect on the shoot and if possible take photo evidence of you in action during the shoot (you could give this role to a (minor) role).
Please see updated blog league for specific posts and evidence to be uploaded.