Important note on using copyrighted sound or video.
Simply taking a sound from our library or downloading music or sound and adding it directly to your footage is not enough! Below is a a hierarchy of different levels of creativity can be shown, which directly corresponds to your assessment. We are aiming for levels 4 & 5!
- simple addition of existing non-copyright audio-visual material
- basic manipulation of existing non-copyright audio-visual material
- substantial manipulation of existing non-copyright audio-visual material
- innovative interpretation of non-copyright existing audio-visual material or creation of basic original audio/visual material
- creation of sophisticated original audio/visual material.
- 4) will be evident in your multi-track mix of loops and effects, which you will get from our library and mix in Audition.
- 5) will be evident in your recorded foley sounds, application of effects in Audition and in how you mix these with your multi-track of loops and effects in the final edit.
Sound Designers will use Adobe Audition to…
- Use loops of sound effects / music in order to create:
- Ambient sound
- Sound hits, stabs, crescendos
- Apply effects to own recorded foley sounds or music
You will need to refresh your memory on the basics of Adobe Audition:
Creating Loops in a Multi-track Session:
This enables you to take a sound and repeat it seamlessly, whilst building up other layers of music or sound.
Choose 6-10 sounds or loops of music from our sound effects library and using a multi-track session create a layer of ambient sound, one for each of your different locations (outside / inside).