Author: imogenwegerer

Continuity Task

  • I have used the following camera techniques; close ups, mid-shots, two-shot, long shot and wide shot.
  • I used these techniques to create a sense of relationship between the two of them.
  • I have learnt to use the following continuity editing rules; pan, two-shot, shot reverse shot, composition and fast cutting speed.
  • I used these rules to illustrate the anger between mark and patrice and to not go past the 180 degree rule.
  • I have learnt to use the following tools/techniques in Premiere Pro such as cutting a video, exporting the video onto YouTube and embedding it into my blog and bringing the clip together into one continuity clip.
  • I used these tools t0 help the audience to understand the 180 degree rule and not to go beyond it as the actors will be on different sides and it won’t look like they will be having a conversation.
  • If I was to do this project again I would do some things differently; I would start off with an establishing shot to illustrate what I’ll be filming, use more close ups to demonstrate their reactions.


Design Skill 2

I have now created my double page spread. With the feedback that I was given for my drafts, I have learnt new skills on how to make my pages look more effective and to the best ability. I feel more comfortable using Photoshop and InDesign.

Since the last design skill, I have learnt how to add in gradients to my cover page even though I didn’t add it in as it clashed with the writing and images, I still learnt how to do it.

Question 2-So…How did you integrate technologies (software, hardware and online) in this project?

This is my response to CCR4.

So How Did it Go?

I’ve made a huge progress with this. Before starting the course, I knew nothing about designing magazines on Indesign, and using WeVideo, Issue, VoiceThread or any other softwares we have used.

These are the drafts of my front, cover and double page spreads that I have compared to my final pieces.

As you can see I have changed quite a lot of this, from a mess of words and colours that didn’t fit to a nice clean R&B looking cover  I changed the background to white so the masthead could stand out more and added red instead of pink as red is more R&B like.


Here I have only changed the photo to two different models to catch the readers eyes and added in a splash of yellow to make the page pop out.


As you can see here the great improvements from my first ever draft of the double page spread to the final outcome. The page doesn’t look plain or dull anymore as I have included pink on the page and inserted some photos to make it stand out more.

For coursework in the future, I’ll be able to work a bit faster as now I know how to use softwares like InDesign and Photoshop to create a product.

Question 2-So…How does your product engage with the audience and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

This is my response to CCR3.

Question 1- So…How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

This is my response to CCR1

Question 3- So…How did you production skills develop throughout this project?

This is my response to CCR 3.

Draft 5

Below are my penultimate drafts. I showed my teacher these and he gave me some feedback to help me improve them for my final outcomes.

Front Page

Contents Page

Double Page Spread

This is the feedback I was given from my teacher.

  • All images must need a caption
  • Each photo needs to tell a story
  • Add a white background instead of a black one for my cover page
  • Tweak columns on my double page spread so it doesn’t cut down the middle of the page
  • Make the masthead bolder and change the fonts on the front page

My Work in Progress

Front Page

Contents Page

Double Page Spread




To finalise my music magazine, I have chosen two adverts: A Lana Del Rey advert and a Beyonce advert as I am targeting a younger audience that are females.

I have chosen this Lana Del Rey advert for my back page as she represents the younger generation for the R&B music industry. Her music is very unique and original which inspires me to make my artist unique and original.

I have also chosen this advert to sit next to the contents page as many teenage to young adults enjoy listening to Beyonce’s music and they enjoy different perfume senses. This also fits nicely with my magazine because of the colours.

Skip to toolbar