Posted on

Production Skills

Within making this digipack I have learnt many more new productions skills to help get my product to the place I want it to be.

Firstly, our vision for the digipack was to have Jordan with something coming out of his eyes as well as something where his face would be. To try and work it out myself I began by looking on YouTube here I found the video shown below. This video was more advanced and here I did learn a lot however I also gained help from an old A level student who has used these programs before. This effect has a positive impact on my indie pop genre as it has the edgy urban look but still has the typical pop close up shot, it also makes our star look different and engaging as this guy is mysterious and you never know what he is really thinking therefore this look is effective as it looks like your looking inside his head and what he is visioning it gives a sense of an illusion, this skill impacts on how the audience perceive the main star.

With this help we created this as a trial image, we did it on a front facing close up as this was an easy image to learn on however we will instead change it to a side image if possible. We would like to be able to put this into our digipak as we feel the sunset blended into our star image’s face will help convey our genre more due to the use of colours and location.

This image was effective and different and will be used in my digipak or website.

Additionally I have learnt how to over lay the circles while adding a gradient to it to make it more faded in. This was effective as it made shapes not to be so sharp and bold on the page and allows them to fade in more. We chose the baby pink circles up against the blue background as the colours contrasts really well together but also representing the indie pop style.

Finally using Photoshop and indesign we managed to change the photo of our star image to be a silhouette so the girl which we have brightened can contrast and stand out more on top. Also by layering the images on top of one another to make it more effective. We wanted to add colour to this page as it looked a bit plain, so we decided to add the hexagons which is on the opposite page to this page, we made them coming out of the girls hand and made them go small to big as they went onto the next page. This was efficient as it made the two inside pages flow into one another easier.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *