Here is a risk assessment for our narrative shoot, this is to ensure we keep ourselves safe as well as our performers safe. It also allows our teachers to know where we are at all times. It also identifies the risks which mean we can watch out for the dangers identified.
Here we have done a screencastify of our Genre Analysis where we have included components we would like to include within our music video. This allowed us to have a clear understanding of the genre. We made a script for each slide which is shown below.
Here we have made a visual shot list of different camera angles and techniques that interested us. We would try to do this in out own music video as this gives us plenty of variety so it’s not boring.
This also allowed us to concentrate on where we would like our actors to sit within the frame.
After looking through the moodboards of the three songs
Came Here For Love
We came out using One by Saint PHNX
Collaborating we edited the original moodboard and used all of our ideas to begin planning for the music video
On 11th May 2018, we went to Cows-horn for our first filming day where we gathered lots of footage with varieties of shots
What went well
- Actor got into character and exceeded our expectations
- Location had lots of different heights which benefited us
- Clear lip syncing even though it doesn’t match yet
- Used different camera angles and shot types: close up, wide shot, low angles
- Used camera techniques: Tracking shot, and pan
What didn’t go so well
- Lyrics wern’t clearly known- need words written down next time
- Needed another band member
- Environment was against as it was windy making us needing to adapt to it
Targets to aid improvement
- Another band member which will help convey the narrative accross
- Boards with the words clearly written down on them and get the actor to look over the song more before hand
- Use more instruments
- Still need to get plenty more footage to cover all aspects of the song
Photos from filming on the day
Here we are running through a section of our music video without the camera running to make sure the actors knew what they were doing and to check we had the camera positioned in the correct place. This was effective as everyone knew clearly what everyone else as well as themselves are doing without the additional pressure.
Here is our rough cut of our music video. This is not edited to sync with the lyrics. This enabled us to understand if we had enough footage to be able to last the whole song. This was helpful as we were able to find out we wanted more at different locations and more different heights involved.
Within our production groups we had to show one another our mood boards of our song choices.
Here are the 3 different mood boards:
Imogen’s- song -Sanctify
Olivia’s – song – Came Here For Love
Mine – song – One
Looking through all 3 peoples power points we needed to make a joint decision on which song we would all want to use.
We chose One by Saint PHNX and began to create a narrative and plan our first video shoot collectively.
Here is our product agenda where we identified all of our strengths and weaknesses, this will enable us to have a more effective photo shoot and better quality music video.
Here is the feedback given for out pitch for our music video
Suggestions was to have more of a story line of some sort to make it flow more effectively.
Here is my pitch for my music video of the song I have chosen One by Saint PHNX.