Production Skills Evaluation 1
Production Skills that we have gained from our shoot
Jump cuts were a prominent skill that we have learnt as we have included many in our video., we used the razor tool to crop our shots and have small clips to create a jump cut. This was very important to create a speed and pace in our music video.
We used a reduced speed effect to slow down one of our shots to give a whimsical flashback and nostalgic vibe.
- I have learnt a lot of skills during this process of filming and going on shoots for our media music video.
- I have learnt that we need to be fully organised as we have forgot a few things before for example on our 1st narrative shoot (our storyboard and scarf).
- I have also learnt that it is important to be punctual and on time so we have maximum time for our shoot so we can be efficient as possible.
- I’ve learnt it is important to concentrate on the task you are doing so you get the correct footage for your overall product.
- It is easy to get distracted by things and people around you however you need to stay on task and get the job done.
- I have experienced working in a team, it has helped with leadership skills and how to play to each others strengths and work well together avoiding conflict but enhancing each others creative suggestions and ideas.