Feedback from teacher
- Likes the fast pace jump cut edits
- likes the up close eye shots
- She liked the walking jump cut where the performer walks towards the camera in an alley way
- loves how when the lyrics say ‘spin’ she spins in the performance to translate the meaning of the lyrics.
- Likes the outside shots
- good juxtaposition of beach shots and performance
- love the closeups of the eyes; wants us to include more of them, and give those shots more screen time.
- likes closeup of lips with the hair blowing in the wind
- include more movement shot
- Likes the closeup at the end of her smiling at the ebach
- good variety of footage
- likes how the narrative is calmer contrasting to the hectic performance
Improvements to make and constructive criticism:
- sync the lips; before editing in the lip syncing show a the singers face to give audience context of who the singer is
- one of the shots where she is performing and singing, she looks to the side at the people feeling, she needs to look directly at the camera to make a connection between her and the audience.
- uncomfortable with the amount that the performer is connecting with the cameras ; need meaning behind it at least