For our narrative shoot we went to Pembroke Bay and shot for 4 hours. We decided to shoot here because the setting was perfect for the “light” side of our main character with its open space and bright colours. Here is my evaluation for our shoot:
What went well:
- We filmed a range of different shots from close ups to long shots as well as some pans using the tracking device.
- Our setting was great and it suited the feelings we were trying to convey.
What we could’ve done better:
- We forgot to shoot a few shots that we needed.
- We should’ve taken some more props to experiment with to give us a greater range of shots.
It would have been better if:
- We had a detailed plan of the day so that we could be more organised.
- We had taken a list of shots that we needed so that we wouldn’t forget anything
- Gone to the area of the shoot a few days earlier so that we had an idea of where would be best to shoot due to lighting etc.
Due to our story and lack of time we will need to have another narrative shoot as the different sides of our character require different settings to convey our story. When we do our next shoot and any pick up shots hopefully we will be able to take whatever we have learnt from this shoot and apply it so we get everything we need and enough shots to cover the length of the song.