Here is our draft 4 for our music video. After the feedback from draft 3 we decided to focus on solidifying our narrative and making sure that our audience would understand the symbols and themes within it. We also decided to play with the colours of our video.
We used colour correction to make the shrine scenes stand out more and emphasize the red, which’s symbols are important in showing our narrative. We also made the performance sections monochrome to create contrast and emphasize her grey outlook on life.
After finishing Draft 4 we asked one of our classmates to review it and comment on what she liked and disliked about it. Here is the screen castify we filmed with her:
- Good editing to the beat
- Mentioned that our character was distressed which means that we are conveying our narrative well. Also said later on that the video to her is about someone having a mental breakdown and being obsessive over the boyfriend which matches up to our narrative.
- Likes the light effects done with the torch
- Likes how when our character spins the lyrics match her actions
- Likes the shot where the flame travels through the flame
- Likes the shot
- Says that the editing of our shots helps the audience to connect with the song
- Really likes the shot of her smiling at the end
Negatives and how to improve:
- Some shots were too shaky so they need stabilising or taken out
- One of the shots needs to be brightened so that you can clearly see her lip syncing
- Near the end there is a section that needs editing so that it makes narrative sense
- Didn’t understand what the flashbacks were for but understood that they were there to show a different side to our character so we need to edit these better to show their significance.