Here is the recording of my CCR3
Here is the link to our website and the feedback from our teacher
Feedback and targets:
- Home page is good as it has lots of conventional features eg social media icons
- Navigation between pages is simple
- Website clearly links with the album
- Get rid of the “out now” text
- Likes the tour page
- Music page needs editing – get rid of photos and make it simpler and so that it fits with the rest of the website
- Likes how you can scroll through the different hoodie designs
- Get rid of blank spaces and put social media links at the bottom
- Make sure there is a consistent theme throughout
Here are the best shots from our photoshoot.
- We chose images 0309, 0311, 0312 and 0320 because of the strong contrast in the lighting. We felt like the lighting gave these images gave an edgy and alternative vibe, and were good enough quality to be edited easily.
- Images 0336, 0339 and 0403 were chosen because of the ghost effect that was created by the blur. This effect fitted well into our desired theme of monsters or the otherworldly.
- The orange lighting of images 0358 to 0367 is why we chose these images. The lighting gives a mysterious aura to the photos, with the dim lighting also creating a grainy quality which we felt matched with the edginess of our theme.
Here are the rest of the photographs which we deemed to be not as good. This was because they were out of focus, had bad lighting or the model was making the wrong expression for our cover.
Here is a previous students website.
The website is very accessible. The fonts are all large enough to read and the white colour makes it stand out against the darker background. The writing is kept to a minimum so that the audience does not get bored and there are multiple videos and photos to keep their attention.
The website allows for easy navigation. The menu at the top is always there regardless of what page you want and items are never more than 3 clicks away. The bar on the side allows for easy access to the artists social media. The layout on each page is simple, such as the music page which only features the front cover of her album and 3 different streaming links.
The website features a bio which tells us about her basic details including name, age and where she is from. It also talks about what music she makes and the type of artist she is. This allows the audience to connect with her.
The blacks, whites, reds and greys of the website matches the colours used on the digipak and music video which gives consistency to the artists brand. The hero shot on the website is taken from the music video.
The website fulfills the audiences information and education need by telling the audience about the artist and giving information about upcoming tours and releases. It also gives them entertainment in the form of the music video and the gallery. The social media buttons allow for them to have social interaction with the star while the bio allows the audience to relate to the artist and gives them a sense of personal identity.