Here is the recording of my CCR3
Here are the best shots from our photoshoot.
- We chose images 0309, 0311, 0312 and 0320 because of the strong contrast in the lighting. We felt like the lighting gave these images gave an edgy and alternative vibe, and were good enough quality to be edited easily.
- Images 0336, 0339 and 0403 were chosen because of the ghost effect that was created by the blur. This effect fitted well into our desired theme of monsters or the otherworldly.
- The orange lighting of images 0358 to 0367 is why we chose these images. The lighting gives a mysterious aura to the photos, with the dim lighting also creating a grainy quality which we felt matched with the edginess of our theme.
Here are the rest of the photographs which we deemed to be not as good. This was because they were out of focus, had bad lighting or the model was making the wrong expression for our cover.
Here is the first draft of our digipak
Feedback from teacher
- Image on front page is too grainy but likes the gradient of the shadows
- Likes the cross – thinks it gives a powerful image
- Likes the symbolism of the cross and the broken mirror
- Quality of photos need improving – maybe through another shoot
- Not sure what the last photo is supposed to be of – needs changing
- Positioning of the group name needs to be changed
- Track list could do with bullet points or numbers for the tracks
Targets for Improvement
- Have another photo shoot and get new photos for the inner right and back sides
- Edit the track listing to make it stand out more
- Choose another photo for the front cover and edit it accordingly
Here are the photo mock ups for our digipak using images that we found on the internet as well as fonts and effects on Indesign. We have decided to go for a gothic theme as this reflects the brand of our artist well and plays into similar themes from the music video.
Here is the mood board for our artist, forevermore.
For our mood board we wanted to create a red and black colour scheme with some gold accents. These colours include cultural codes of anger, love, darkness and grandeur which is what we want to convey about our artist. Our mood board has lots of Gothic images including church windows and crosses, which matches with our stars’ edgy and dark persona. The font of our band name is also in a gothic text to tie together this theme. The mood board has a slight focus around eyes which is something we want to incorporate into our digipak, as it hints at a more mysterious side.
Mood boards are important as they help to create a specific idea of what the product could look like and gives an overall direction for it to follow. We will use our mood board throughout the creation process to help us finalize the design and to use as a guide for the final product.
Here is an analysis of a digipack from our chosen genre. First we created a collage of albums in order to gain an idea about the conventions of our genre and then chose an album and analysed it in detail, looking at whether it met the conventions of a digipack and of our genre.
Here is our draft 4 for our music video. After the feedback from draft 3 we decided to focus on solidifying our narrative and making sure that our audience would understand the symbols and themes within it. We also decided to play with the colours of our video.
We used colour correction to make the shrine scenes stand out more and emphasize the red, which’s symbols are important in showing our narrative. We also made the performance sections monochrome to create contrast and emphasize her grey outlook on life.
After finishing Draft 4 we asked one of our classmates to review it and comment on what she liked and disliked about it. Here is the screen castify we filmed with her:
- Good editing to the beat
- Mentioned that our character was distressed which means that we are conveying our narrative well. Also said later on that the video to her is about someone having a mental breakdown and being obsessive over the boyfriend which matches up to our narrative.
- Likes the light effects done with the torch
- Likes how when our character spins the lyrics match her actions
- Likes the shot where the flame travels through the flame
- Likes the shot
- Says that the editing of our shots helps the audience to connect with the song
- Really likes the shot of her smiling at the end
Negatives and how to improve:
- Some shots were too shaky so they need stabilising or taken out
- One of the shots needs to be brightened so that you can clearly see her lip syncing
- Near the end there is a section that needs editing so that it makes narrative sense
- Didn’t understand what the flashbacks were for but understood that they were there to show a different side to our character so we need to edit these better to show their significance.