Here is a copy of our pitch to our teacher and their feedback which. Discussing and reflecting on our ideas for shot and mes-en-scene was very important as we could further our ideas that will work and eliminate ones that are out of our reach to execute or not appropriate.
- strong theme with water, incorporating that colour shceme throughout the music video.
- make sure to balance performance with narrative shots, to create substance for the video so that it can relate to the song.
- to acomplish our red stained tshirt idea we need to figure out a pump system to get that seeping and spreading effect. The sybolism for this is trong but need to figure out the logistsics for it as it will be a vital metaphor and reoccuring shot.
- We are not going to have a band, but instead will have the main (male) star performing the lyrics. We have decided to have the star perform this in front of water (Bathing Pools) and in a more built up area (town.)
- Make sure that our shots and ideas are finalised before shoot so we have a clear and precise idea of what we want so we can utilise the time well and get the best product, make sure we have a variety of shots including close ups to portray emotion.