Above is our website draft 2, we have made many improvements since the previous draft and we are happy with how it has come along so far. Below is the checklist we were handed to make sure our website was to the highest standard we could possibly make it.
- We have featured the digipak on the homepage which is key we feel, it is below the fold however we may need to pop it to the audience as it should be a main attraction.
- We must find a way to include a bio for the artists somewhere on the website.
- Our theme is good as we have continuity as we have colours of yellow, green and pink backed up with the dominant blacks and whites elsewhere for the backgrounds.
- There is stories or other pictures of the artist, something we maybe should add to the website.
- We do not have a news page, we should possibly add this with a page about the star which also includes the bio that is too required
- It is good as we have the required social media tabs for the star so the fans can access that easily
- At the moment we do not have any drop down menus
- besides the digipak we do not have any images of the star this should be added in due course as I fell it is key we do so.
- We have a good running theme and the overall brand. As we keep the same colours and themes throughout.
- We have a store page which has merch and tickets to purchase all interactive with images of all the products too
- The music video is on the site however it is not introduced at all.
Targets for Improvement
- Add in a bio for the artist.
- Make a small gallery of images of the artist.
- Make a news section on the website so the audience can stay updated on what happens to the star.
- Think about adding drop down menus.
- Introduce the music video on the music page.
Targets for improvement:
- Slight difference in shades of pink = clashing
- Change the image of rocket as it is pixelated (make smaller or draw again)
- Link to actual songs
- Fix spelling mistakes
- Fill big spaces
- Embed professional videos by the artist
- Link buttons to music
- Ensure store links work
- Link colours in merch
- Add about section for our star
- Interactivity bar
We as a group will take on Miss Hales’ comments on board and use those to improve our website in the future. By adding those extra conventional features and keeping it fun and vibrant still.