below is my CCR4 where i talk what key areas of software, hardware and online functions were used for the products we created and what led them to being created.
Below is the CCR3, we talk as a group about the star as a whole. I play my part talking about the star and what they stand for.
Below is our CCR2 that we made as our group, with me (Joe) and Emilia talking through it.
Above is our website draft 2, we have made many improvements since the previous draft and we are happy with how it has come along so far. Below is the checklist we were handed to make sure our website was to the highest standard we could possibly make it.
- We have featured the digipak on the homepage which is key we feel, it is below the fold however we may need to pop it to the audience as it should be a main attraction.
- We must find a way to include a bio for the artists somewhere on the website.
- Our theme is good as we have continuity as we have colours of yellow, green and pink backed up with the dominant blacks and whites elsewhere for the backgrounds.
- There is stories or other pictures of the artist, something we maybe should add to the website.
- We do not have a news page, we should possibly add this with a page about the star which also includes the bio that is too required
- It is good as we have the required social media tabs for the star so the fans can access that easily
- At the moment we do not have any drop down menus
- besides the digipak we do not have any images of the star this should be added in due course as I fell it is key we do so.
- We have a good running theme and the overall brand. As we keep the same colours and themes throughout.
- We have a store page which has merch and tickets to purchase all interactive with images of all the products too
- The music video is on the site however it is not introduced at all.
Targets for Improvement
- Add in a bio for the artist.
- Make a small gallery of images of the artist.
- Make a news section on the website so the audience can stay updated on what happens to the star.
- Think about adding drop down menus.
- Introduce the music video on the music page.
Targets for improvement:
- Slight difference in shades of pink = clashing
- Change the image of rocket as it is pixelated (make smaller or draw again)
- Link to actual songs
- Fix spelling mistakes
- Fill big spaces
- Embed professional videos by the artist
- Link buttons to music
- Ensure store links work
- Link colours in merch
- Add about section for our star
- Interactivity bar
We as a group will take on Miss Hales’ comments on board and use those to improve our website in the future. By adding those extra conventional features and keeping it fun and vibrant still.
Below are screenshots of our first draft for our website.
We had to screenshot the draft as the website will change in due course when we improve it and it will update as it is a link we would input. To start off with I am happy with our first draft as we had no previous history of designing websites.
We had an idea of the conventions we needed to incorporate in the website to fit with the rap genre.
- It is bare at the moment as we have not had enough time however in due course we will add to the front page with our digipak and the final music video.
- Also on the music section we will add to that with the track lists of our artist.
- As it is only our first draft there are many areas still to improve and a lot will change as we are not entirely happy at the moment.
- The menu hub is very easy to use and it has a very clean layout so for any user it is easy to use.
- At the moment its not as easy to find everything as the website is a work in progress so some areas are missing that the menu would usually navigate to. There
- are interactive areas such as the store and the tour links to the store with digital files where you can buy the tickets, easy to use and very self explanatory.
- Also the font and layout stays the same of all pages to keep a form of continuity which as a group we find important to fit the conventions of our website that we wish to have.
Screenshots of our first draft for website!
To make our website we used the online programme called wix.com, it was extremely useful and gave us all the necessary tools to complete our website to a high standard. Below are some of the tools and helpers that really allowed to make the best website possible.
The add tool was vital for us whenever we wanted to simply add any feature to our site. Weather it was a text box or something a bit more in depth such as a store with live buttons that linked to each separate piece of merchandise from the store itself. It was so easy to use and clearly showed us where we can add things also giving us a plethora of options coming in all different designs allowing us to find the correct one to fit conventionally with our overall branding of our products.
The font tool obviously was used a lot, it was simple to use but yet so helpful for our group. It provided us with many fonts however we decided to use one and edit the font itself. This gave us good continuity and it allows the audience to recognise that font with that specific website.
We also used the tool which gave us font affects in almost every piece of text we applied to the website. We used the I in the bottom right which added a double up of the text which fitted nicely with our overall aesthetics as we so too used that within our digipak on the front cover. That small detail has worked perfectly as it really fits the overall image and branding of the product.
The site colours were one the most important factors when forming our website. Our overall product really relied on the dark backgrounds contrasting with the bright luminous colours of the fonts, this tool allowed us to continue with that and add the pink, green and yellow that we had added in the digipak and it was a clear theme running throughout. We also formed our own shade of black for all the backgrounds, this meant it had our own spin and was unique to our style, the product was not following the basic colour ways provided. Instead we decided to opt to find our best colour that would fit the website well.
With this being the final area for creating our collection of products, it again was a new area of software to use and then learn. The skills above that I mentioned I feel really do help for the future, as now if I ever am to run y own business I already have an upper hand when it comes to creating websites. Through trial and error i managed to work my way through each area such as the store and adding button to link to all different areas of the website.
Below is our group flow chart for how we wish to plan the website out. This will help us create us a structure for planning and creating our website. We hope to make it easy to navigate that is our ultimate aim, so they have maximum satisfaction when using the website itself. We have decided to go with this template as it goes conventionally with what we wish to have, however it is not basic and will stand out to other competing websites. We want the website to be clean and not too clustered, so planning it out correctly is the right way to go. We did not want the navigation bar to be too overpowering so we could focus the main aim of the website on the hero shot and the leaderboard. This is because we want the main image to be the centre of attention.
Below is our group screen castify where we analyse a professional website from a group of famous artists, we really focus on the technical aspects of the website and understand the meanings through the ideologies of the Blumler and Katz. All of these areas we assessed have helped our group when planning to design our own website, we have begun to understand the conventions of the rap genres website. We have been inspired the colours they have used and also how the site looks and how it is not too clustered with useless information it is all very relevant.
Below are screenshots of a rap artists website one that fits into our own genre. The website we noticed is not a conventional website and does not fit the norm which we like. This makes it different and interesting to look at for the viewer. With interactive images on the front plus drop down tabs to find all areas of the artists. For example it was not conventional as it didn’t have all of the typical features of a website such as a skyscraper or an above/below the fold. This task helped me understand the conventional and unconventional ideas of a website surrounding our genre.