This is Draft 4 of our music video, ‘Wildfire’.
This is the newest version of our music video, before we have added in the footage from the next shoot.
We still have more footage to obtain and put in, however since our last draft we have progressed , and achieved our aims, which were to add more effects to make it pop (we are going to add more), we changed the order of the narrative and we have linked the music changes into the narrative so that they work together, ie. using the start of the song as an example where for the first beats we have different shots and black screens following to match it
We posted this video on YouTube, and we received comments back from respective classmates. The comments are shown below
This is positive feedback for us and we are pleased with the general liking of our video. However, they gave us constructive criticism from this too, and so we have made new targets for Draft 4. Our targets for the next draft are as follows:
This is a screencastify made by our teacher, where she watched our video and made comments. So, I have summarised what she has said, and this is it:
Mia and I will both work together to get these comments fixed, and we are capable of doing this. I will need to converse with my partner of whether we need to re-shoot, because we do not have some of the close ups that our teacher thinks would make our video better. However, she thinks we have done well for a second draft.
This is our second draft, including the narrative of the music video rather than just the performance.
Mia and I both contributed towards this video, taking turns in editing, and talking about it so the narrative looked just right. However in my opinion the narrative is a bit hard to understand, so I think we will have to order it so it is less anachronic.
When we do draft 3, we will aim to:
Some of the shots also have a black border around them, which we will be able to fix in production.
Our task was to make a document that would describe our target audience, So, Mia and I talked about who our star image would be, and we both set off to make our respective documents. I used YouGov.co.uk to find out some of their demographics. It is important to know who your target audience is, and decode what they will like so you know what it is that your audience want, and therefore will buy. If it doesn’t match what they want, the audience will reject the text and therefore not buy our product. On YouGov, they didn’t have demographics for a fan of our star, however I typed in an artist similar and based some of the results off of that. I made the document in the form of a dating profile, which you can see below:
We shot our narrative for our music video during a school day where we were granted access off of school. We filmed in a carpark in St Peter Port, and then in an area by a cliff above Guernsey’s Aquarium, which is where we filmed the most of Bilal’s performance.
This is a picture we took in between us filming the paint scene of it running down her face, up above the aquarium in a tight stoned corridor.
Overall I believe we used our time well and got a large variety of different shots to link with our performance in our music video, however our time management was poor. We should have planned more shots, rather than us just relying on thinking of ideas in the moment. We had a shot list but we got through it quickly, and we needed more so we ended up just filming every idea we had. Because of this, we ended up being behind schedule of filming Bilal above the aquarium, and went overtime. If we need to film again or do any more filming, we have learnt our lesson from this and will plan everything more precisely.
Our target would be to improve our time management, and we would do this by:
Other targets would be to have back up plans for if things go wrong, for example some of the shots we did didn’t turn out to what we wanted them to be and we knew this at the time, so we improvised and did some others, and it turned out well, however it would have been more effective to think of the shots before, just in case.
This is our narrative storyboard, explaining to us what shots we are planning on getting and in what order. This gave us an idea and plan for what we are shooting, and how we will arrange what we’re shooting. We plan to have Bilal with a hammer, then film him smashing a picture of her, grace singing, Bilal looking like he’s stalking her in the dark, to name a few.