Above is a rough cut of performance of our music video and is simply a compilation of the different shots we were able to get during our performance shoot, therefore it is not in time with any music. This task allowed us to get a better look at the different type of shots we have and analyse which shots were uses due to an issue with aspects such as lighting or there may have been an item in the background that shouldn’t have been there.
Overall I found that we both worked well as a team as we both decided what the best shots were and if we were both in a disagreement it wouldn’t turn confrontational we would simply present our side of why we thought it was a good/bad shot.
What went well:
- Our star image, all of it was conventional to our genre. We also ensured we were paying attention to little details such making sure there was not a bra strap showing or if she had a hairband on her wrist. We also made the hair and make up quite naturalistic in order to keep with the overall theme.
- The location was good as it helps to show of that idea of a free place and goes with the message of our song.
- The acting was good because even if there was a point where there was something that could be seen as distracting to the performer they kept going with the song.
Targets for next time
- Experimenting with some more technical angles and camera techniques. Although we do have a good variety of shots it would benefit us to use more.
- Be more organised, we would benefit from making a group chat with both me and my group and anyone else who will be apart of the music video; this will make it easier to communicate.