Here is our First Draft of our Digipak
- I like the contrast of colours I have used on the front cover with the books and on the back with the glass panes.
- Good photo choices.
- Fonts work well with position of photo, very clear.
- Back of digipak is over exposed, change the exposure.
- Unintentional shadow on the inside page.
- Add a bit of colour on the inside to contrast to the black and white.
Our evaluation of our shoot 2:
Overall the narrative shoot allowed us to get a range of shots, such as framing, high angels and close-ups to convey each moment and have a range of shots to add to our edit. We got a range of different shots and concentrated on achieving those close-ups of the performer’s facial reactions.
If we decide to do another shoot for our music video, we have learnt that we need to:
- Take many close up reaction shots for each scene as they create engagement in the video.
- Ensure we have created the most suitable lighting as it changes the atmosphere of the video completely.
Our next shoot we will need to focus on extra shots with the ring and focus on some more performance shots in order to have even more moving shots around our star and so that the audience feel a sense of connection.
In order to make our digipak, we had to look at our strategy and mission statement. The purpose of this exercise is to focus on the campaign and branding as this has to feel like part of a unified design.
This includes 4 main parts:
- Our Audience
- A call to action
- Who is our competition
- Our Unique Selling Point
- Mission Statement
This helps us create our digipak for a preferred reading from our audience and we can focus directly on their demographics and the conventions that will best fit them.
What has changed:
- We have added more punchbag shots
- Changed certain placements of shots
- Made more of the narrative black and white
- Played with the colour of the performance shots
We then had a pair of media students look at our Draft 4
Our peers feedback included:
- Looking more at the colours and playing with the saturation of shots
- Look at the van in one of the shots and position the shot better
- They think the narrative is clear
- The performer fits the song
- The lipsyncing is on the beat
Our targets moving forward include:
- Looking at each shot and the saturation we use and so the performance looks consistent throughout
- Scale and fit some shots so that there is a better depth of field
- Look at some effects and if they are needed throughout