Throughout creating my draft music video process, ‘You Know You Like It’ by Alunageorge, I have started to improve my:
- Editing skills when using Premiere Pro.
- The variety of different shots when filming in my location shoots.
- How to sync the videos we are using to the music.
- How to use the different settings on the camera.
- Knowledge and understanding on Premiere Pro
Overall, all these skills have helped me to create my drafts on Premiere Pro which helps to develop my skills further and also gain more confidence when experimenting with them. I have learnt some new techniques during the process of my music video, for example:
- Edit to the beat of the music
- Include as many close ups as you can
- Take too many shots rather than too little
- Making sure you have enough footage for narrative and preformance
- Making sure the theme/narrative makes sense to your audience
Throughout the process of our music video, my teacher and peers have helped my to progress my work further by giving us targets to focus on and key areas where we need to make changes, we have taken all the advise we have received on board and progressed further.
Here I have written a few things on Premiere Pro which I have learnt and is useful when Millie and I are editing our drafts.