So that I have a greater understanding of how to create a video and also what a montage is- I have made one using the software Adobe Premiere Pro about a girls average school day. This will prepare me and make me more familiar with the software for the music video. So, to create a great montage I needed to make sure that I included:
- A variety of shot distances
- Different camera angles
- Steady shots
The images below is of my story board that I used to plan out my montage so I was organised when filming.
Reflecting back on my montage video now, I have noticed the strengths and weaknesses of it, which are:
- Music made to intensify when a new topic/place is shown.
- I have used a variety of shots to make the video more interesting.
- The transition from the watch to the bell as they hold the same shape.
- I have used a clip of the same guy twice, however, in one he’s a teacher shouting at Lilli and in the other he’s seen walking out the classroom as a student.
- In the whip pan before they walk out of the classroom, the camera jumps, therefore creating a bad transition and not a steady shot.
- The shot of when she is opening the locker is slightly blurry.
What I have learnt about editing in preparation for my music video production is how to use Adobe Premiere Pro to cut clips, putting them in order, adding audio of my choice, using sound effect, placing in text and putting an effect on it.