This is draft 4 of our music video, we added the black and white effect on the performance scenes and a red over lay to the shrine scenes. I think these changes had a really good impact on the video, it helped distinguish the different settings. We also included more of the beach shots, these are portrayed as flashbacks and I think it adds more depth to the narrative.
Targets for improvement:
- likes the fast edits at the start.
- She understood that the character was in distress.
- She liked the shots of the flame where it moves across the frame.
- She thinks the bit of the performance where the performer spins round when the word spin is sang is effective.
- She liked the jump cuts of the girl coming towards the camera through the urban, tunnel area.
- She liked the juxtaposition of the flashback beach scenes and the darker shrine scenes.
- She pointed out that some shots were too shaky and that it was a bit distracting, however she understood that it fit with the genre but needs to be stabilized still.
- needs to increase the brightness on 3.27 shot so can clearly see the lip syncing.
- doesn’t like the bit where she shakes her head in the mirror at the chorus.
- 1:53 shot of lips needs to be edited to black and white effect.
- Shots need to be stabilized in premiere pro e.g ~(0.22) , (0.30) (0.41) (1.02/3) (1.11-13) (1.23)
- The head-banging shots in the mirror need to be replaced with different footage, maybe including flashbacks and performance.
- One of the shots is too dark and needs to be brightened se we can see more clearly whats going on.
- 2.41 there is a black screen which needs to be replaced with footage.