Remember, a blog post a day, is the way to an A.
The blog is a straightforward way to ‘easy’ marks but it is also a straightforward way to ‘losing easy’ marks.
What makes a good blog?
- Good use of English and punctuation – media is communication – communicate properly.
- Bullet pointed reflections as opposed to long paragraphs of writing.
- A variety of ICT used in your posts.
- Properly embedded and linked post – always add pdfs links to posts.
- Do not use google linked posts as we can’t guarantee the examiner has access.
- Get an adult to check your posts – spellings and typos.
- Add in extra posts as and when appropriate.
- Categorise and keep the posts in chronological order.
What makes a good blog post?
- Reflective – what have your learnt – how will impact on your product?
- Include relevant terms that may have been introduced to you.
- Always read our blog to help with ideas on what kind of terminology and theory you should be including.
- The relevant posts are hyperlinked from the blog league so no excuses about not knowing what to do in a post or how to introduce and reflect on it.
- The sooner you start to use media terms and theory in relation to your work, the easier the exam will be.