As part of our preparation before filming our music video, we were asked to create a 20 second example of our performance shoot and looking at our first time filming and editing, I am very happy with the way it turned out.
- Before we started filming, me and Holly found a few video examples and tutorials of the types of editing we wanted to incorporate into our video. After following one of the YouTube tutorials, we managed to create a simple whip pan towards the end of the video.
- However some of our framing was a bit off. For example the shots against the brick wall were not totally straight meaning that the shot does not have the leading lines we were intending and the shot looks off. This has taught us to take more consideration when choosing backdrops and lining up the camera.
- Another point for improvement is to check the edit before exporting. Some of the cuts in this video were very abrupt and unintentional.
- Having a wider array of shot types would make our video more interesting and visually appealing.
- In contrast, the trial tracking, circling shot worked well and this may lead to further experimentation whilst filming.
- Finally I think that the video would be more exciting if the performer moved more and got into the song as it looks quite awkward.