This is my rough cut of shots that I filmed on Friday 11th of May. I collected lots of variations of shots that will help us when editing the real thing. I felt like we did well and achieved the correct Mise-En-Scene as we made her look quite creepy, and this reflected the song really well.
Some things that we could improve on would be:
We thought we had taken enough shots, but we actually didn’t go through the whole song in enough shots.
We need more closeups, of her mouth, her eyes, just for some more variety.
For this reason we are going to re-shoot for an hour or so, to fix this problem, however, the shots we have are what we wanted, so far
I thought that our shoot went really well. We gathered the majority of the shots that we wanted, and achieved our aims we wanted for the performance, however, we did not get enough close up shots where the singer didn’t mess up the words. I think our framing is good, the lip syncing worked well, and she looks creepy, which is what we wanted, as it fits the genre of our song. On the narrative shooting day, we are going to spend some time just getting some close ups, as we didn’t get any, when we thought that we did. We got confused, as we did do close ups, of her eyes twitching and mouth, but we had thought we had gone through the song in close up, but we hadn’t. This is what we need to do on the day.
Be more time efficient
Get a wider variety of shots
Make an agenda of what shots we need so we aren’t wasting time coming up with ideas.
Here are a couple of photos of Grace, Jordan and I on our shoot.
This is our star image planning slideshow, showing the artists meta-narrative, showing how he comes across to his fans and to the press through social media, his pictures and newspapers. This will impact on our own star image as we will be able to incorporate some of his ideals into our star, whilst being different and extraordinary.
This is my risk assessment for my performance shoot. Jordan and \i made sure to list all of the dangers and risks that could possibly happen when we’re out on our shoot. As you can see, it is signed by both of us, therefore it is clear that we both understand the document, and will follow it.
Lenny Lenfesty, Creative Director at Specsavers, attended one of our media lessons and gave each group a chance to tell him our ideas for our music video. Lenny taught us a few techniques on Premier Pro that would benefit us in the video. I had made a list of the things he was saying so I wouldn’t forget. I have also found some videos that explains how to do it in more detail.
These techniques will help me because they both interest me, and I think they will add a nice touch to my video. As it is an abstract video, I want to add some effects that will make the audience understand the story but make them feel slightly uncomfortable.
Here is my production meeting agenda for my performance shoot on 11th May. This has helped me by listing everything that I need, where I am gong to be filming, and who I am going to be filming. Without this document, I could possibly forget some things to do, so I will be bringing this document with me to assure complete success in this assignment.
This is our narrative storyboard, explaining to us what shots we are planning on getting and in what order. This gave us an idea and plan for what we are shooting, and how we will arrange what we’re shooting. For example, we plan to have Bilal with a hammer, then film him smashing a picture of Grace. We will get more shots of Grace singing, but this time we will have Bilal stood behind her so the audience can see him to make it look like he’s stalking her in the dark.
Here, Jordan and I have structured a story mountain to help us organise our shots and keep us focused on the shots that we need to use. As you can see, we have mapped out the beginning, middle and end of our video, so we don’t get stuck on ideas for when we are filming. It is important to be clear of your narrative so that the themes and the conflicts are clear to the audience. This story mountain shows the different stages of a story, and it is in this order to help the audience make sense of it, and so that they constantly stay engaged. This task has helped Jordan and I stay on track about the entire narrative.
This is a screenshot of me asking SBTRKT if I have permission to use his song ‘Wildfire’. As he hasn’t yet replied, I will continue to use his song for my video. Asking for permission from your artist is important, otherwise the song would be copyrighted.
Here is my genre analysis. Jordan and I have listed the usual conventions of electronic music. We noticed that different genres require a different set of blueprints to form the core of the genre, which I wasn’t aware of before.