This story board was for the topic “Practice makes perfect” and “Failure”. The original plan was a basketball team competition showing failure, giving, progress and success. However, due to the hall and basketball courts being used, we had to change the plan and make up a new scenario in the space of 5 minutes. We decided to change it to the same sort of sutuation but instead of basketball we chose dance. We only had 5 minutes to film this hence why the montage is quite small, however this is the beginning of our montage.
- Do you think your montage has an impact? – Yes I think my montage creates a big impact on the audience. Due to this only being the beginning you aren’t able to see the ending when he succeeds
- Do you get a sense of feeling or story / relationship? – We get a sense of failure and practice makes perfect.
- How does one specified cuts create meaning?
- scene 0:10- 0:14 shows him trying to do a certain dance move over and over. The cuts in between show him restarting.
- Is there a sense of progression or are you trying just to reflect an experience? – Yes you can see him practising and getting better however the montage is quite small due to time, however I would obviously extend it to show the success at the end if I did it again.
- Do you use repetition of some shots? If so, how do they help communicate your idea?- Yes, the dance move is shown multiple times to show how many times it takes and how it may get annoying for the dancer to keep failing. This shows the dancer is annoyed and frustrated.
- What additional shot would you have liked to get to further communicate the idea?- The rest of the story so the next scene would show him giving up and not trying anymore until a few weeks later he sees something inspirational which helps him decide that he wants to try again.