After all the feedback I received from my peers and teachers, I then went and added and improved my magazine.
In my front cover, I changed elements such as the spacing on the plugs so it doesn’t look as cramped or busy. I also have deleted the leaves in the background as I found it made the cover too busy and it no longer worked as a clean magazine as my other pages do. Furthermore, I changed the font and colour of the tag line and stars name as I felt it didn’t pop as much as it did previously. Moreover, I made Ellie bigger which meant I had to adjust my masthead in order for it to be seen so I raised the letters up making the visible.
I haven’t adjusted my contents page as I really like how this looks.
I chose this magazine and decided to put it here as it matches my colour schemes and aesthetic as it is very classy and simple. In addition, the photo of Callum with the guitar, it might inspire people to go out and buy one.
The biggest changes I made was the colour scheme alteration with the double page spread. After consulting my teacher, Miss Hales, I decided that experimenting with colour was something I needed to do more of as my magazine was mainly red, black or white so a little bit of variety was needed. Therefore, I decided to change the colour to blue to match her shirt and nail polish. I then photo shopped the red bow to be blue using the colour replacement and smudge tool.
I decided to put this magazine as the back page as after learning about different artists the consumers may be inspired to go and see them. Moreover, this advert fits in nicely with my colours and aesthetic so slots in and fits nicely with my magazine.
Then, I used Flipsnack to put all my pages together and to see how they looked as a magazine…